Friday 17 May 2013

Day - 7 (Silligury - Kolkata)


Today is our last day of the trip and my target is to reach Kolkata by any means. But we will follow a different route this time. We were tired and woke up late at 9 am, thanks to the hotel owner for arranging a room with no entry for sunlight. We got ready without wasting any time, packed our luggage and left for Dalkhola. Once we reached Dalkhola I found once again my tire pressure was low and went to a roadside tire repairing shop. The guy was taking rest at 1:30 pm but was so much enthusiastic to change the tube. He fixed my buddy’s next tyre and we are now ready to Vrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm …. On any road.

I called up Bapi Da while having lunch at Dalkhola and he instructed me to follow the following route: Purnia – Bhagalpur – Dumka – Massanjore – Bolpur – Kolkata. We started following the same route and believe me it was butter smooth through Bihar and Jhadkhand.



We started from Dalkhola at 2:45 pm and reached Bolpur at 12 am. Whenever we were confused we called up Bapi da and he instructed us like a GPS Navigation with providing details in kms J.

We had our dinner at a roadside dhaba in Guskara and Shiladitya was feeling sleepy. I checked with him and he confirmed he could ride. I know that he is tired as we were driving since morning and already covered 540 kms and still 100 kms to go. So, I decided to help him as usual in any means.

I started driving like a mentor to him creating passes for him if he is not making it and reached near Dakshineshwar around 3:30 am. We had a small chat and I bid him for his home. I drive as usual and reached home at 4:05 am and found my better half was waiting for me J.

She immediately opened up the door and I found all our beloved street dogs are there to welcome me home J. It was a kind of ride which taught us to be focused all the time and made us 100% stronger than before.

Thanks to Rolling Wheels once again for arranging, managing and helping us every way for this Grand Tour to Gurudongmar J.


For all the trips I made till date on Motorcycle / Bike / 2 Wheeler / Car, please visit the following link:

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment